Issue: Foam built into scanner apparatus from 2013-2014 caused pressure to be too tight and prevents the scanning mechanism from sliding after some time.
Resolution: Once the user starts receiving this communication error message the following repair steps should be followed:
- Remove the scanner from the kiosk
- Loosen the screws holding the scanner in the housing a 1/4 turn each.
- Plug scanner into kiosk and test.
- Remove the foam between the scanner and the mounting bracket.
- Replace bracket, plug scanner into kiosk and test.
- Replace the scanner if steps 2 and 4 did not resolve the problem.